Saturday, August 12, 2006

Profitable farms in CT?

I haven't done any study on this, but over the past few years I seem to have seen a number of these types of headlines discussing the loss of our farms in CT (Waterbury Rep-Am, by Brigitte Ruthman). Unfortunately, our farms don't necessarily need to disappear. It may very well be possible for our farms to be profit-driven business ventures. But we're going to have to think outside the box.

With some real planning, we may be able to keep our farms and address a whole host of issues at the same time, such as: $3 gas, creating new jobs, protecting the environment and maintaining our history.

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I saw this article and thought it would be worthwhile to bring it to your attention as it addresses one part of my much bigger plan. Then over the next week or two, I'll do a number of postings on how we can move toward implementing the entire plan.

Tim White
State Representative nominee (R-89)
Bethany, Cheshire & Prospect
TimWhite98@yahoo.com

No comments: