Sunday, August 06, 2006

Dear fellow Republican

Dear fellow Republican,

I’m asking for your vote for State Representative in the 89th district (Bethany, Cheshire, Prospect).

As a member of the Cheshire Town Council for three years, I have a proven record of bringing effective solutions to problems we all face – especially rising taxes and costs of living in Connecticut.

I’ve successfully worked to keep town tax increases below 2% per year (average, excluding revaluation) by aggressively fighting wasteful spending and by actively seeking cost savings. For example, I championed measures that will save local taxpayers $300,000 per year in energy costs.

I’ve pushed for tax relief for seniors, and reform of costly state mandates, such as binding arbitration, which drive up local taxes. I’ve pressed for accountability by town and state agencies in Route 42 improvement projects.

As State Representative, I will initiate proposals to achieve major savings from the skyrocketing costs of gas and energy. I’m also concerned about seniors, healthcare, prescription drugs, education, employment needs, corruption, and other issues.

I’ve tried to debate these issues with my opponent so that you, the voters, could hear our views. But Roger still refuses to debate, stating -- “I will run my campaign as I see fit…I suggest my opponent do the same.”

Well, I’m available to debate him just about anytime, anyplace in the 89th district. I believe that you, the voters, fully deserve a public debate between the two men who are asking for your vote. But Roger does not agree.

So now you, the Republican voters, have to decide on August 8 -- Which of us is the stronger candidate to unseat the incumbent Democrat? Who will more effectively represent our towns in Hartford? Who has proven more effective leadership, responsiveness, and public outreach?

Between my proven track record of town leadership, my fuller grasp of the issues, and my responsive, proactive outreach to people, it should be clear that I am the more electible Republican to win the 89th seat.

If I’m privileged to be elected your State Representative, I will be accessible, responsive, and proactive. I’ll work tirelessly for Bethany, Cheshire, and Prospect in the General Assembly and with Governor Jodi Rell’s administration.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. I’d love to hear from you.

Thank you for your consideration and your vote in the Republican primary on Tuesday, August 8.

Very sincerely yours,

Tim White
State Representative candidate (R-89)
Bethany, Cheshire & Prospect
TimWhite98@yahoo.com

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim White will pickup many votes in Prospect. On my street at least, we're impressed by his forthrightness, sincerity, and his energy.

At the same time, we're turned off by Roger Kergaravat's refusal to debate White and his general invisibility. Worse of all, we're turned off by Kergaravat's supporters personally attacking White's family in the Prospect Pages. "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor." Shame!

I don't care if one candidate lives in my town and the other doesn't. Tim White is a good fiscal conservative and a good Republican. He'll do just fine for Prospect.

Anonymous said...

Prediction: Tim White sweeps Bethany and Cheshire and takes a big chunk of Prospect, winning the Republican nomination and posing the biggest threat to Vickie Nardello in 12 years. Good luck Tim White!

Anonymous said...

I agree with redtown and anonymous above, that Tim White will win very many Prospect votes. Loyalty to Mayor Bob Chatfield runs deep here, but it does not run deep for Roger. He has failed to rise to the challenge. Tim White has truly earned our votes and the GOP nomination.

Anonymous said...

I'm pleased to bear witness to Tim White's integrity, honesty, and decency, and to that of his parents, John and Barbara White. (This is in response to the character assassinations made by Kergaravat's campaign in the Prospect Pages).

I grew up in Cheshire and have known the Whites all my life. John is active in veteran's, religious, and Republican groups. He is known as a man of the highest integrity by everyone.

Just the other night, we were out in a restaurant when John noticed the waitress had added the bill to less than the real total. John promptly told the waitress and paid the difference. "Wouldn't any honest person do the same?," he asked.

This is how Tim White was raised -- to be truthful and honest. This is why I'm volunteering for his campaign. Yes, there still are honest politicians!

I don't know Mr. Kergaravat, but it's appalling that he would allow his people to smear the good reputations of these fine people. For that reason alone, he is unfit for public office.

Fortunately, Republicans have the opportunity of voting for a truthful, honest and decent young man -- Tim White. I hope he wins. Republicans deserve no less.

Michael Scully
(CHS: '71)

Anonymous said...

Tim, good luck...while i am a registered republican,,,i havent been voting the party line in past elections for numerous reasons...over the past few months you have earned my vote for state rep....good luck..PS:when you get there...dont send us money for new turf...

Anonymous said...

Good one, Breachway, telling Tim that when he gets there, don't send any money for turf! lol

And Tim, you don't have to ask for my vote.....you already have it!

Anonymous said...

Good luck Tim, you worked harder and you deserve to win. I hope you do, also who is the "hot' girl that has worked with you?