Monday, August 28, 2006

Capital budget 8/28

The capital budget public hearing (Waterbury Rep-Am, by Lauresha Xhihani) seemed to go pretty smoothly tonight. There were some very legitimate questions asked and comments made on the various projects.

I strongly agreed with one resident, Phil Coppeto, who suggested that the West Main Street project should include sidewalks from Rumberg (the Housing Authority complex) to Maple Avenue on the north side of West Main Street. I agree with that suggestion 100% and suggested that to several people a couple of years ago. But I didn't get far, obviously. Nonetheless, if Rep. Adinolfi secures additional funding, I think sidewalks there would be a top priority for me. Safety concerns (crossing West Main St.) were another top concern mentioned during the meeting.

Tim White
Town Council, Budget Committee
TimWhite98@yahoo.com

No comments: