Monday, August 21, 2006

CD races heating up

Here's an article on the CD5. The article (Meriden R-J, by Adam Wittenberg) seems to be more about the history between Congresswoman Nancy Johnson and State Sen Chris Murphy (and their 1996 matchup), than it is about today's race.

Here's an article on the CD2. This article (Courant, by Daniela Altimari) seems to suggest that Joe Courtney may be able to ride a wave of anti-Republican sentiment to Washington this year. There certainly is some of that in the air. I'm not sure though how that will play out with Rob Simmons. I recall that in 2004, right up until the weekend before the election, the great prognosticators were speaking of Simmons' demise. Then Simmons won with 58% of the vote. The anti-Republican sentiments are much stronger this time though with the War being a much bigger concern.

Tim White
State Representative nominee (R-89)
Bethany, Cheshire & Prospect
TimWhite98@yahoo.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim is your race heating up? We know that you work hard, do you think that Vicky will? It will be great fun watching the race over the next few months. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Tim - Do you think that the anit-republican, anit-war movements will effect you run? If so how will work to make people not connect you to those issues?


mge

Tim White said...

anon 11:09... I'm going to do everything I can to win.

anon 3:30... I agree that there is an anti-Republican, anti-war sentiment. I'm uncertain how it will impact the 89th, but I certainly will do what I can to address it.

I think war & oil & the cost of gas go hand in hand. I have ideas for ways to reduce our dependence on middle eastern oil. And there are ways to offset the high cost of gas and protect the environment at the same time.