Friday, August 04, 2006

Lying or grossly incompetent?

In a mailer received yesterday, Mr. Kergaravat falsely accused me of being “the only Cheshire Republican Councilman who voted against decreasing the budget by $600,000.”

In fact, I was the sponsor of this $600,000 budget cut proposal (the single biggest budget cut proposal offered this year). And I voted in favor of my own proposal (Tuesday, April 11, 2006) These are matters of public record.

Is he deliberately lying or just grossly incompetent in handling facts? I don't know.

But his latest false charge is part of a pattern of negativity which began when his Cheshire campaign coordinator, Sandy Dudarevitch, publicly accused members of my family of “deceitful” behavior and questioned if they were “moral and/or ethical.”

I have tried to run a positive campaign focused on positive solutions to issues facing the 89th district.

Up until now my only criticism of my opponent has been his refusal to debate me on the issues. However, at this late hour he is clearly desperate. And in the face of his absolutely false charges, I must set the record straight.

Again, I was actually the sponsor of the proposal to cut the $600,000 from the budget.

Also, see my below response (What was “exposed?”) to the personal attack on my family.

One of the reasons I’m running for State Representative is to help restore honesty and integrity to state government. Please remember this when you vote on Tuesday August 8.


Tim White
State Representative candidate (R-89)
Bethany, Cheshire & Prospect
TimWhite98@yahoo.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The same question can and should be asked, with (disturbing) frequency, about many national-level Republican office-holders.

The typical answers are, lying in the legislative branch, incompentent in the executive branch.

Not you, Tim, you're a good egg. Kick his election ass next week. But know the nature of the battleship to which you've lashed your raft.

Anonymous said...

Tim - You are a good guy and should not have to put up with this. I am sure that you will win next week.

Anonymous said...

"Lying or just grossly incompetent in handling the facts?"

Either way, he's clearly not qualified to be the Republican to face Nardello in November, much less to actually be our State Rep.

Anonymous said...

I think you should contact the local Prospect paper, or one that can print an article before the 8th, and set the record straight. Perhaps speak to your opponent first and make him fess up to his lie. He's trying to twist around the facts and someone needs to set him straight.

Anonymous said...

I agree, the public needs to know wether he is lying or just incompetent. Roger has proven himself to be a less than competent individual to say the least and just as bad, a tool of some political drive to win an election at any cost.

fact is, his behavior has so turned off a number of republicans I know that if he were to win the primary, he is assured of not receiveing their votes. They will go to Ms, Nardello simply out of protest and in hopes of ending Roger;s political career.

Tim White said...

anon 10:25pm... Thanks. I did contact the three local dailies (Meriden, NH & Wtby). The Meriden R-J ran something on this yesterday. The NH Register had an article too on the 89th primary, but did not mention this. And finally, the Wtby Rep-Am has something in today on the 89th primary, but it's very short. It just mentions our names and where we work, basically.