Saturday, June 03, 2006

Bear sighting

Woodbridge (NH Register, by Neal McNamara) had a black bear sighting. And a while ago, I heard a story about black bear tracks up on Prospect Ridge in Cheshire. So this is not a big surprise to me. They've probably gone right down Prospect Ridge, thru the Naugatuck State Forest, thru Bethany and into Woodbridge.

Odd thing happened to me since I posted this AM... I was thinking about the black bear and decided to take a walk in the woods (I really enjoy taking a walk in the rain sometimes) and I came within three feet of a fawn before I saw it. I didn't see it move at all, but I saw it... spots and all... one big black eye peering up at me. It was clearly as frightened as could be. As well, since you never know how a mom will react in such a situation, I decided to leave almost immediately. Nonetheless, I've never stumbled across a fawn before. So for me it was a memorable moment.

Tim White
Town Council, 4th District
TimWhite98@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»