Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Caligiuri has more than half the needed delegates

The state convention for both parties is to be held this weekend. On the Dem side, I'm cheering for Dan Malloy for Governor. On the GOP side I'm most hoping for Schiff for Senate.*

Another candidate I'm supporting is congressional candidate Sam Caligiuri. And according to Sam:

I am thrilled to share the exciting news that a majority of the Republican delegates to Friday’s Fifth District convention have publicly committed to supporting my nomination! I could not be more honored and humbled to have secured this support and the support of many other delegates who preferred not to be listed publicly at this time. See the current - and growing! - list of public supporters here.

Power to ya Sammy! I'm not a delegate to the convention, but I am an alternate for my dad. And since I don't expect to be there on Friday, while my dad doesn't expect to be there on Saturday... I think it works out well.

My dad and I both support Schiff and Caligiuri. Those votes are simple. The vote for Governor though... neither of us know yet on which day that vote will be taken. And I'm totally undecided, though I was leaning toward Danbury Mayor Mark Boughton. My dad supports Hamden resident Larry Denardis though. So I expect to at least vote for Larry in the first round, if it happens while I'm there. But if he doesn't go past the first round... I'm a complete tossup on any other GOP candidate for CT Governor.

Tim White

* Though I'm not holding my breath... I learned the reality of polling the hard way... by supporting my guy, Ron Paul, in New Hampshire

No comments: