Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Truth

In the monthly July issue of the Prospect Pages (see "Tim White: Exposed") and the daily July 13 issue of the Waterbury Republican-American, there was a letter published that was signed by my opponent’s Cheshire campaign coordinator, Sandy Dudarevitch of Cheshire.

The following is my response to my opponent’s campaign. It was published in today’s (July 27) Waterbury Rep-Am.


Opponent's Attack in 89th Unwarranted

Dear Editor,

In her July 13 letter, "White's actions at GOP convention were deceitful," Sandy Dudarevitch made several false charges about the integrity of my supporters at the 89th House District Republican convention.

All rules were agreed to by consensus of the delegates. Janet Finneran, of Bethany, Chairwoman of the convention can confirm this. Jeffrey Garfield, the state Elections Enforcement Commission director, confirmed in writing to me that the agency did not comment on the convention, as Ms. Dudarevitch claimed.

Ms. Dudarevitch is my opponent’s coordinator. How sad that my opponent’s campaign has resorted to such specious nonsense.

I am focused on positive solutions for addressing the problems of high taxes, the cost of living, $3-a-gallon gasoline, energy prices, healthcare, problems of seniors and other issues, such as costly state mandates.

I welcome anyone with concerns about these or other issues to call me at home (203) 439-4394 or visit my blog
(http://TimWhiteListens.blogspot.com).

Sincerely,
Tim White
State Representative candidate (R-89th)
439-4394

And here is the text of the email that I got from the SEEC Executive Director, Jeffrey Garfield:

Tim,
I have read both letters you forwarded me and have spoken to my legal staff. No one remembers ever speaking to Sandy, and our telephone logs do not show such an entry. My staff is very circumspect about commenting on anything that would fall outside our jurisdiction, and the process used in a nominating convention is governed by party rules, not state election law, and is therefore clearly not within our purview. I must therefore conclude that such a comment was not made by anyone here at the State Elections Enforcement Commission.

I hope this is responsive to your concern.

Jeff Garfield
July 14, 2006

Furthermore, I called Ms. Dudarevitch myself and asked her for the name of the SEEC employee she quoted in her letter. Ms. Dudarevitch told me that she did not get a name.

No comments: