Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Schlesinger to leave?

I'm not sure if this is true, but two separate blogs are reporting that pressure will be coming for the Republican nominee for US Senate to step down. The Hotline and CT Local Politics are discussing this possibility. And frankly, it doesn't surprise me. I don't know much about Alan Schlesinger (although I have met him and he seems like a nice guy), but I imagine that as soon as Joe Lieberman announced he may go Independent, there were people thinking about trying to get the Republican Senate nomination... feeling that it's winnable in a three way race. Heck, even a sitting Republican state rep has (from what I understand) announced her intention to run for the Senate seat. And if there is a Libertarian candidate and a Green candidate and a Working Families candidate... our Senate race may easily have 6 or 7 people on the ballot in November.

Tim White
TimWhite98@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bringing up Lisa Moody's name was not a good lobbying tactic for Alan