Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A contrast in campaigns

The Waterbury Republican-American did an article (by Lauresha Xhihani) about the campaigns of me and my opponent. I found the article interesting. It discusses the focus of the two campaigns. As always, my campaigning is focused on meeting people and listening to their concerns, making myself as available as possible.

Contrasted with that is my opponent's campaign which is portrayed as being focused on money and mailers.

I think anyone who knows me, knows how I feel about public service. It's about serving the public, not raising money. (And that includes offering the voters a debate, another topic of the article. And as I said before, anytime, anyplace. The voters deserve it.)

This article reminds me of another Waterbury Rep-Am article that ran a few months ago. "It's hard to find a politician who does more to reach out to his constituents than the Republican councilor for Cheshire's 4th District." Public service should not be about money (although I recognize it is part of the equation). It should be about listening to, and serving, the public.

Tim White
State Representative candidate (R-89)
Bethany, Cheshire & Prospect
TimWhite98@yahoo.com

(if you pick up the Waterbury paper, the article is on page 1 of the "Greater Waterbury" section, below the fold.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kergaravat won't even debate his local opponent. How effectively could he represent us in Hartford?

Tim White is completely upfront with people and competent in town and state matters. Tim will be a far more effective state representative.

Anonymous said...

The wife and I ran into Tim White a third time. (Still haven't heard from Roger). Tim comes across as sincere and enthusiastic. He'll get more than a few Prospect votes. He's got ours.

We're also pleased that Tim had only good things to say about Mayor Bob, who we also support. Let's hope all Republicans will support the primary winner so we can take the 89th seat in November.

Anonymous said...

new topic:

question from voters....if you are registered as an independent or unaffiliated voter are you allowed to vote in the primary? If so, which one or both (dem and rep)?

Tim White said...

Infoseeker... you should confirm this with your local election officials (Registrar of Voters... Richard Abbate in Cheshire... who also happens to be running for Secretary of State), but here's my understanding...

If you are an independent (unaffiliated) registered voter, then you have until noon on Monday August 7 to register with any party (Dems statewide, Rs in the 89th) in CT. But you may only register with one party. If you register as a Dem, then you can vote in the Senate/Governor primaries. And if you live in the 89th district, then... well... you can vote in the Republican primary. Again, you can only register with one party for primary day.

If you do live in the 89th, then I hope you'll consider registering as a Republican and voting for me. I could really use all the help I can get. As you may have noticed in a prior post here, with 1750 registered Rs in Prospect and 1250 registered Rs in Cheshire's 89th, the odds are against me. Nonetheless, I do think that I can win. And I do think that I can make a significant, positive contribution in Hartford. I hope you'll consider me.

Tim White said...

PP... thanks for your kind words... I agree with you about party unity. I intend to support the party nominee.

Anonymous said...

How about this. Myself included, I have had two fellow republicans say that if Riger wins the primary, they wont vote for him on election day. We are generally disgusted with his type of indifferent behavior towards voters. Id rather have an established experienced Vicky Nardello thna an arrogant, selfish republican.

Roger's attitude has totally turned me of. I will be voting for Tim White in the primary and if he doesntg win, I can gaurantee you, Roger wont get my vote int he general election.

And for you fellow republicans out there, dont give me some garbage about putting the party first. Thast the same logic that has gottne this state and country into the mess its in. Vote for the ebst candidate....Roger K isnt it, he has proven that now.