Monday, July 17, 2006

Campaign Fundraising

The July campaign fundraising reports have been filed with the Secretary of the State. I raised a whopping $1461. That's includes $1211 from me (as a loan, in case I ever decide to raise money) and $250 from my dad.

This particular issue is one of my biggest gripes with politics today... the undue influence that (without a doubt) goes with some of the campaign contributions (look no further than Jack Abramoff), particularly those from lobbyists. I recognize that "getting out a message" can cost money to a certain extent. But I have a real problem with people who focus on raising money to send out their mailers, all the while not really listening to the voters.

Nonetheless, I have had quite a few people offer to donate to my campaign. I'm just not sure that I want to do much fundraising yet. Although, if I get through my primary, I will definitely start asking for money.

Tim White
State Representative candidate (R-89)
Bethany, Cheshire & Prospect
TimWhite98@yahoo.com

No comments: