Friday, November 30, 2007

Open forum 12/1

The Elim Park Christmas Party is today, Dec. 1 from 9am to 3pm (I think).

The town lights the tree on the green on... Sunday?

Maura Esposito resigned from the WPCA. The WPCA is where the unfounded ugliness of Shenanigate started last summer... I wonder if Tim Pelton will be asked to return to the WPCA... he certainly seemed to receive rave reviews from everyone when he was replaced. Regardless, Council appointments are political in nature.

I forgot to mention sooner... I was on the Dan Lovallo radio show this afternoon with Dowd Muska of the Yankee Institute, a generally conservative, CT-based think tank. The topic was... you guessed it... Ron Paul. And on a different Paul note... I got an email from a CT resident yesterday. He told me that he called the state Republican Party and asked who was running the CT for Ron Paul campaign and... they gave him my name. Ha!... actually, what's of most interest to me is the anecdotal nature of this... it's just another example of the influence of The Blogosphere!... cuz I've never spoken with anyone in GOP headquarters about Ron Paul... so I'm sure they associated me through either TWL or CTLP.

Matt Altieri responded to my email from yesterday. He asked me to call him to discuss my call for a nonpartisan cost/benefit analysis of the rainy day fund. So I need to followup on that.

Joe and Marilyn Bartoli are hosting a fundraiser for Dave Cappiello, the first GOPer to announce a run for the CT-5 against Chris Murphy. I say "first" because according to Cool Justice, a former state Rep., Tony Nania, may also be running. I wish them all the best of luck, but as I mentioned recently... incumbents tend to win.

The Council organizational meeting will be on Monday, Dec. 3. And the first regular meeting of the new Council will probably be Tuesday Dec. 11.

And since I haven't mentioned them in a long time... if you're interested in learning more about global energy issues, check out the reports produced by the Washington-based, non-profit Energy Security Leadership Council.

My favorite state Senator, Lou DeLuca, resigned today... finally!

Anyone know who the new PZC Chair will be? If it's EJ, Sean, Woody or Tim Slocum's replacement, the organizational aspect should be straightforward. But if the Chair and Vice Chair were Tali and Mickey... I would think things might get messy... who would be the acting Chair in the absence of a Chair and Vice Chair? Would there be a special vote, in which case the PZC may keep a Dem Chair for the current ND vote?

What else is happening?

Tim White

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's bcoming common knowledge that the WPCA is in disarray. Thank Hall and Estey for the current problems. The mall was more important than having a commission that was well functioning and that operated in the best interests of the Cheshire residents. This is an example of putting politics and special interests over the interests of people.

Anonymous said...

Hey man easy
We need no negativity
like the songs says
Wow!
Ah yeah!
Calling out around the world,are you ready for a brand new beat.
Summer's here and the time is right,for dancing in the streets,
They're dancing in Chicago ( They'll be dancing )
Down in New Oreleans ( Dancing in the streets )
Up in New york city ( Dancing in the streets )
All we need is music ( sweet sweet ) sweet music (sweet sweet music )
There'll be music everywhere.
There'll be swinging,swaying,records playing,dancing in the streets,Oh!
It doesnt matter what hat you wear,just as long as you are there,
So come on
Grab a guy,grab a girl,everywhere around the world.
There'll be dancing,dancing in the streets.
( Oh )Its just an invitation,across the nation,a chance for folks to meet.
There'll be laughing and singing,music swinging,dancing in the streets
All we need is music ( sweet sweet ) sweet music (sweet sweet music )
There'll be music everywhere.
There'll be swinging,swaying,records playing,dancing in the streets,Oh!
It doesnt matter what hat you wear,just as long as you are there,
So come on
Grab a guy,grab a girl,everywhere around the world.
Dancing,dancing in the streets,
Way down in LA,everyday,dancing in the streets ( Dancing in the streets )
San Francisco way, ( Dancing in the streets ), they do it everyday now

Anonymous said...

What else is new?....How about the article in the paper about the 10K worth of damage done the night before the Cheshire/Southington football game at Southington high school? I understand the Southington police are investigating. If it turns out to be one of our football players, I think they should be held accountible. Pranks like this are done all the time, but this time, it's out of hand. Cheshire may have won the Thanksgiving Day game, but if it was some of our players who did the damage, they should loose that Apple Valley trophy. It's disgraceful.

Anonymous said...

Yes, the WPCA is a mess. They can't decide an equitable means to assess sewer usage charges. This year's bills have been delayed. The upgrade plans to the plant are overdue. And nothing has been done to fix the I&I problems that have been so well publicized over the last two years. And you wonder why people have such a poor opinion of government????

I don't know who did the vandalism at Southington High School, but this act is a disgrace and a black mark on Cheshire.

Anonymous said...

Estey and Hall should have thought more about having a quality commission instead of shennanigate.

Isn't she the TC laison to the WPCA? All the fuss about the process in the clerks office and we find the process is broke at the WPCA.

Anonymous said...

As I walk on through this wicked world,
Searching for light in the darkness of insanity,
I ask myself, Is all hope lost?
Is there only pain, and hatred, and misery?

And each time I feel like this inside,
There's one thing I wanna know,
What's so funny 'bout peace, love, and understanding?,
What's so funny 'bout peace, love, and understanding?

And as I walked on through troubled times,
My spirit gets so downhearted sometimes,
So where are the strong?,
And who are the trusted?,
And where is the harmony?,
Sweet harmony

'Cause each time I feel it slipping away, just makes me wanna cry,
What's so funny 'bout peace, love, and understanding?,
What's so funny 'bout peace, love, and understanding?

So where are the strong?,
And who are the trusted?,
And where is the harmony?,
Sweet harmony

'Cause each time I feel it slipping away, just makes me wanna cry,
What's so funny 'bout peace, love, and understanding?,
What's so funny 'bout peace, love, and understanding?,
What's so funny 'bout peace, love, and understanding?

Anonymous said...

Everybody plays the fool sometime;
There's no exception to the rule.
Listen, baby, it may be factual, may be cruel,
I ain't lying, everybody plays the fool.

Anonymous said...

Kevin Rennie seems to think the guy who supposedly represents the south side of Cheshire in the State Senate (we only see him in even numbered autumms) is getting busy on company time and trying to give away a billion in company dimes

http://www.courant.com/news/opinion/commentary/hc-commentaryrennie1202.artdec02,0,5991626.story

Anonymous said...

Except for the last few months, the WPCA has been under the leadership of republican appointees.

Anonymous said...

Crazy
Crazy for feeling so lonely
Im crazy
Crazy for feeling so blue

I knew
Youd love me as long as you wanted
And then someday
Youd leave me for somebody new

Worry
Why do I let myself worry
Wondrin
What in the world did I do

Crazy
For thinking that my love could hold you
Im crazy for tryin
Crazy for cryin
And Im crazy
For lovin you

Anonymous said...

Anon 10:31 - Ever since the WPCA chair was forced to resign in March, this commission has been on the decline. The problem isn't over which party controls the majority. It's about recognizing and re-appointing highly qualified individuals, regardless of their political affiliation. The facts are tough to dispute here, the WPCA is simply not performing up to it's past standard.

Anonymous said...

Esty and Hall started this let's keep an eye on how they finish it.