Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Prospect Machine Inc.

Mary Pavone of Prospect took me on a tour of her company, Prospect Machine, today. It was really interesting, getting a chance to talk with people about the business climate of Connecticut while walking around this machine shop of 22 employees. (I haven't walked around a machine shop since I left Kinamor Inc of Cheshire about ten years ago on my way to the hospital... I had a drill press dropped on my foot!)

The general theme was the same as what I've been hearing as I knock on doors: too many costly state mandates. From government to business, from education to healthcare, everyone says the same thing: the state mandates are too much. Connecticut's taxes and cost of living are simply too much for most people.

Tim White
State Rep candidate
Bethany, Cheshire & Prospect
TimWhite98@yahoo.com

No comments: