Saturday, October 07, 2006

Council agenda Oct 10

Last night, I got the agenda for next Tuesday's Council meeting (7:30pm in Town Hall). The agenda is fairly short. The more interesting items are:

1) Appointment of West Main St. Streetscape study group. With so many different aspects (the river, the businesses, the residents, the aesthetics, etc.), I think this is a good idea. Public involvement is always a good thing. Anyone interested?

2) Consideration of formation of Elderly Tax Freeze study group. I think this is a great idea. Again, public involvement is always a good thing. Anyone interested in this group?

3) Approval of union contracts. As I said in the past, my belief is that the town should begin offering "defined contribution" (as compared to "defined benefit") pension plans to new employees.

Tim White
Town Council, 4th District
TimWhite98@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree on the Defined Contribution Plans...especially after recent legislation that went thru on DB plans....