Saturday, April 22, 2006

DC Politics

This CNN link and this other link certainly leave me with the feeling that the "culture of corruption" campaign may give way to a "question of credibility" campaign this fall. I simply don't understand why some of our elected officials do some of the things they do. Regardless, my thinking (as of today) is that this fall's congressional campaigns will be a vote on the congressional candidates, not on Jack Abramoff.

As for the race for the US Senate, Joe Lieberman may be facing real trouble within his own Democratic party. I found this link detailing his most recent "approval ratings" on Connecticut Local Politics. As well, if you're interested, you may want to attend the Cheshire Republican Town Committee meeting this month (Thurs April 27, 7:30pm @ Town Hall). I believe that one of the declared Republican candidates (Alan Schlesinger) will be giving a brief stump speech. And I imagine he'll be available for questions. Or you can check out his website.

Tim White
Town Council, 4th District
TimWhite98@yahoo.com

No comments: