Sunday, May 14, 2006

Got my hybrid!

Well... I finally got it! Actually, I picked it up last weekend. But I wanted to fill it up and find out what sort of mileage I'm getting before I blogged on it. And I've filled up once so far... seem to be getting just over 40mpg. And that's good for me. That's pretty much in line with what I was expecting, so I'm happy with it so far.

And once again, so you know the basics of my decision:

1) $2100 federal tax credit
2) $1000 state sales tax exemption on hybrids that get over 40mpg ($16k x 6% = $1000) and
3) $2000 savings in gas about an extra 10mpg over five years

As well, Consumer Reports (April '06) reviewed hybrids and recommended the Civic Hybrid.

Tim White
Town Council, 4th District
TimWhite98@yahoo.com

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your new hybrid and at the convention on the 16th!
sz

Tim White said...

"Anonymous"... thanks for both... I appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

What, no pictures?

Tim White said...

Try here. But the graphics may require hi-speed hookup. A dialup may get bogged down.

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»