Monday, May 08, 2006

Destefano / Malloy

It seems to me that most talk I hear is about who's going to get the Democratic nomination for US Senate. And while I expect Governor Jodi Rell to do quite well this November, I'm still left wondering who's going to win the Democratic nomination for Governor?

The Democratic party is currently considering their two options for the nomination for Governor: Mayor John DeStefano (New Haven) and Mayor Dan Malloy (Stamford). Frankly, I don't know much about either one of them. But just this weekend, I witnessed firsthand, something that (shouldn't be, but often) is quite important in elections: fundraising.

I volunteered at a fundraiser (for homeless kids) in Fairfield County on Friday night. Wow! Not only were the plates $200/person, but during the live auction, often in a matter of only two or three minutes, items were going for $5,000, $10,000 and even up to $25,000! I was astonished. I mean, it was all for a very good cause, but the amount of money just left me in awe. (I have friends who earn $25,000/yr!)

Anyway, my point is simple... for years I've heard about how candidates can raise money in Fairfield County... and now I've seen it firsthand. They certainly can. Coincidentally, Malloy was the auctioneer. So I'm sure if he gets the nomination, he'll be able to at least raise money in September and October, even if he doesn't get the votes in November.

Tim White
TimWhite98@yahoo.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»