Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Uncle Al's campaign platform

State Rep. Al Adinolfi got written up in today's Register (by Luther Turmelle). When asked why he's running, Al said:

“I’ve been working hard in a variety of areas and I’d like to see my efforts through to completion.”

And while many TWL readers know Al has been actively involved in strengthening CTs corrections system, he's also been hard at work on other things:

Adinolfi also cited his efforts dealing with the problem-plagued and scandal ridden project to widen Interstate 84 in Cheshire and Waterbury, as well attempts to get legislation passed that would help communities cover the cost of remediating abandoned mines.

Speaking of the I-84 debacle, I'm still wondering if anyone will ever get to the bottom of that Fritz Fiasco. I tend to doubt it... unless the FBI decides to press forward.

Anyway... Al is out there working for another term. In the meantime, does anyone know if Senator Big Boy, I mean... Tom Gaffey, is going to run again? I'm assuming he will.

Tim White

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He will Esty. He has a true moral compass. Al is a leader for today he is what we need in Hartford.

Anonymous said...

What's the "Fritz Fiasco?"

Anonymous said...

Fritz Fiasco?

click on the link or search it using the blog engine in the upper left corner of the front page.

In short, Democratic State Senator Gary LeBeau called I-84 a "debacle" (I agree). He also called the inspection company (hired by ConnDOT) the "nexus" of the debacle (I agree).

And to add my one last point... the chief inspector was the non-NICET-qualified Mr. Fritz.

If you'd like to learn more, I strongly encourage you to use the search engine and read a few of my prior posts.

For me, I'm still wondering how an unqualified person (Fritz) got the job as chief inspector?